Males create the smallest human cell, the sperm, which is just 5 micrometers by 3 micrometers in dimension, not including the sperm's tail. By comparison, the red blood cell is approximately 8 micrometers in diameter or about a tenth of the diameter of a person hair.
A female's egg or ovum, is the biggest human cell, coming in at about 120 micrometers in size.
A massive difference exists between the number of gametes women and men produce. At birth, women have 1 million to 2 million eggs, however only about 300,000 eggs will be left by the time puberty strikes, based on WebMD. Only 300 to 400 of these eggs will be ovulated prior to menopause.
Each man, on the other hand, generates more than 500 billion sperm cells in his lifetime. Throughout ejaculation, a healthy man can release upward of approximately 1.2 million sperm cells that is more gametes released in just one moment than some woman ever have.
1. The largest cell in the female human body is the ovum or egg present in the ovaries
2. In the womb, the babyís body is covered by a thin layer of hair but as soon as the baby is born it disappears.
3. The ovaries of a newborn girl contains about 600, 000 immature eggs.
4. About 500 million sperm mature every day in a normal male adult.
5. The life span of an ova is about 12 Ė 24 hours.
6. The average life span of a sperm is about 36 hours.
7. Fallopian tubes are no wider than the head of a pin.
8. The female human body is capable of giving birth to 35 children in one lifetime.
Reproductive system diseases consist of any situation that makes it hard or not possible to reproduce. You can find many reasons why this may occur.
Cause: Infections, genetic diseases, birth defects, hormonal disorders, impotence or infertility can prevent women and men from being able to have kids.
Symptoms: The key symptom for these diseases is difficulty getting pregnant or making a female pregnant.
Treatment: Occasionally antibiotics can clear up infections that harm the reproductive system, but the harm done by some diseases may be long term. Women and men may take fertility treatments to help them to reproduce. Another option is in vitro fertilization, in which the egg and sperm are developed in the laboratory and later implanted into the womb. Multiple births may happen from these treatments.